Guys, you might have already been using Google Drive, One Drive, Mega, Box, Dropbox etc. etc. All these could storage drives provide free (limited) and secure connections to store your personal data over the cloud. Millions of internet users around the globe are happily using these services and are quite satisfied.
New thing in the town is a free and fully secure cloud storage space called DigiLocker by Govt of India to Indian citizens. DigiLocker is important part of Indian Govt’s biggest policy of Digital India.
DigiLocker provides 1GB of space to store any of your personal documents. There may be a question that what makes it unique, when there are already hundreds of free cloud storage providers? Here is the answer:
- The servers of DigiLocker are located in India and are secured at military level encryption
- Being a govt service, can be trusted without fear of data breach
- Biggest thing is your certificates, driving licence, vehicle registration documents, birth certificates, Aadhaar card and many other documents issued by Govt agencies will automatically be loaded to your drive, once you verify yourself
- eVerify (digitally sign) the documents directly from your drive and share with agencies for eKYC
- Banks, colleges, companies, govt offices can access your documents after verification and you need not carry those with you all the time
Aadhaar card, LPG connection, birth certificates, educational certificates, death certificates and driving licence details are already available for individuals.
The drive is already being accessed by around a billion people and the numbers are growing very fast. Many govt departments are promptly working on the platforms to integrate with DigiLocker. Soon one will be able to get most of the official documents available in DigiLocker.
So jump in, if not already as DigLocker is going to be a one stop solution for all official documents of Individuals in coming years. Here’s the official link for DigiLocker: https://digilocker.gov.in