Google today launched its payment wallet “Google Tez” in India. There are already many wonderful apps by Google while Youtube Go is another India exclusive app. The payment wallet is purely based on UPI (Unified Payments Interface) of India. Google Tez has partnered with Axis bank, HDFC, ICICI bank and SBI initially and works with all major public and national banks in India which support UPI payments.
Features of Google Tez:
- Instantly send and receive money from any bank and individuals
- Super secure system – UPI and Google security in place
- Pay for anything/anyone
- Pay using audio – a unique mechanism by Google Tez which scans nearby Tez users via audio
- Set reminders for scheduled payments (upcoming feature)
- Pay using credit and debit card through Tez app (upcoming feature)
- Supports all major Indian languages
Weekly rewards of up to Rs. 1 Lakh (no coupon codes required)
- Digital Scratch and win cards for each transaction of Rs. 50 and above to win Rs. 1000
- Receive up to Rs. 50000 for business use (no charges)
- App available for both Android and Apple devices
- Earn Rs.51 for each first successful transaction through referral program (max Rs. 9000 in a year)
As the govt policies are inclining towards digitization of Indian economy, the future of payment wallets is bright. The confidence goes further up if the options are available from mega brands like Google. This shows how big companies are looking towards India when in comes to technology.
This will give a competition to existing market leaders like Paytm, Mobikwik etc and bring more benefits and offers to Indian citizens.
*Image credit - http://tez.google.com