In order to further strengthen the national security measures, the Supreme Court of India has asked all cellular service providers to re-KYC all its subscribers with UIDAI Aadhaar (link Aadhaar number with mobile number. This order is applicable to all new and existing subscribers and for all cellular service providers in India. Both prepaid and post paid subscribers need to get their SIM verified with their Aadhaar number.
This order is in effect now and Govt. has set deadline for this to 6 February 2018. All mobile which are not verified will be disabled by this date. Hence it is better that you link your Aadhaar number with mobile number in order to avoid disconnection at later stage.
According to this order, the Department of Telecommunication (DoT) has asked all operators to ensure the Aadhaar based verification of all prepaid and post-paid users. The deadline set for operators is 6 February 2018.
Most of the operators have already started notifying its subscribers through SMS. Sooner or later you will be getting SMS similar to below from your operator.
Here we are covering details about how to link Aadhaar number with mobile number –
Note: The process is offline hence do not fall into any online scam
- Visit to your nearest support center (Idea/Airtel/Vodafone etc.)
- Provide your mobile number and Aadhaar number to the store staff
- Store staff will give you a 4 digit verification code on your mobile number from re-verification application form
- Share this 4 digit code with the store staff
- Store staff will take your bio-metric (fingerprint scan and/or retina scan)
- You will receive a confirmation SMS mentioning your verification details
- Reply Y, your verification is complete and your Aadhaar number will be linked to your mobile
Note – This service process is free of cost and you should not pay any fees for this.
Link Aadhaar number to mobile number today in order to avoid crowds at last moment. This will save you from may hassles and wasting your time in queues.
Read further – How to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone